To our valued current clients, former clients, friends, business associates, and followers:
Happy summer! It is an honor to be writing you for the third year in a row. June 6, 2018 marked three years of occupancy in our current office (and approximately 4½ years in business overall). It has been a fantastic 12 months here at MAS, and we would like to share the following highlights with you:
- The Exercise Is Health Podcast: Have you heard our podcast yet? This was one of our biggest endeavors of the past 12 months. Every Wednesday, we release a brand new episode that is available on iTunes, Google Play, and our blog. The goal of this podcast is to discuss longer-form topics on exercise and health to help educate our community on not only the importance of exercise as it pertains to health, but how to use exercise to create abundant lifelong health. We interview local health experts as well as lead topics of discussion ourselves. Make sure to subscribe on your podcast platform of choice so you never miss an episode!
- Featured Articles In Voyage Chicago, Illinois Homes, Cracker Barrel, & The Daily Herald: MAS was featured in four Chicago-area publications over the past year! We started off with a featured article in Chicago Voyage as well as Illinois Homes, and later were featured in both the Daily Herald and the Cracker Barrel. Check out these articles on the walls of MAS the next time you are in or click the respectve links above.
- Daily Herald Business Ledger Entrepreneurial Excellence Award Recipients: We were honored to be recognized by the Daily Herald this past September as recipients of the Business Ledger’s Entrepreneurial Excellence Award for the category of Young Entrepreneur! There were six award categories for this year: “Early Stage”, “Growth”, “Lifetime Achievement”, “Service To Entrepreneurs”, “Innovation”, and “Young Entrepreneurs” (under the age of 40). We were one of four to receive the Young Entrepreneurs award for the entire Chicagoland area!
- Hosted Business After Hours for the Schaumburg Business Association: Our activity within the SBA continued to grow this past year. One of the highlights was hosting the SBA’s Business After Hours event at MAS in early September. We had a sold-out crowd who enjoyed food donated from Roti, Whole Foods, and Granite City Brewery. Additionally, Julie became a board member for the SBA for the 2018 calendar year and she and Charlie both serve as ambassadors for new SBA members.
- New Certifications and Continuing Education: We were both able to expand our education this past year in the MATRx® realm. Julie began her MATRx® journey with the foot and hand this past July, while Charlie took both continuing education courses that were offered for graduates of the MATRx® program in addition to assisting the instruction of Julie’s Rx classes. Julie tested out for the foot and hand at the beginning of February, earning the certification of MATRx® Foot and Hand Specialist, and began the total-body MATRx® process in mid June! Additionally, we made a joint trip to Oklahoma City, OK to continue our education in the Resistance Training Specialist™ program. Both Julie and Charlie are certified mastery level RTS™ trainers, so it was great getting back to OKC and re-viewing the material.
- Hosted MAT® Specialist Program – Round 2!: We were privileged to be able to host the Muscle Activation Techniques® Specialist Program for the second year in a row. We had a group of 14 students from all over North America join us on a monthly basis to learn this modality that we love so much at MAS. Julie and Charlie held down the fort together most weekends, but when Charlie was off teaching the groups live from MAT® Headquarters in Englewood, CO, Julie made sure the students did not miss a beat here at MAS.
- I-So-Love New Equipment: Last summer we were the third location in the Chicagoland area to purchase an Isophit. This has quickly become a favorite among clients and social media friends. We have plans to replace our entire Keiser line of equipment, as well, by the end of 2018. Be on the lookout!
- Content, Content, Content: We continue to put out content multiple times each week on each of our various platforms, including our blog, Instagram, and Facebook pages. If you are not following us on these platforms, make sure to do so to stay updated with what is going on at MAS and to learn many of the exercise tips and tricks we use!
At Muscle Activation Schaumburg, we believe that your health is your most valuable asset. Your health is the only thing that can influence both the quantity and quality of time that you have. Improving your health not only improves your longevity, but also increases your productivity, energy levels, and happiness, among many other variables that influence your quality of life.
There are many aspects of health, and, at Muscle Activation Schaumburg, our expertise is exercise. Exercise has been proven time and again to improve your overall health, increasing the quality and quantity of time that you have. But here’s the thing – the appropriateness of the exercise directly relates to the effectiveness of it. And that’s where the magic of personal training and Muscle Activation Techniques® at MAS lives.
By combining advanced assessment and training techniques with an in-depth understanding of the many systems within your body that exercise affects, we are able to create a completely customized exercise experience for your body’s needs and abilities. Our attention to detail during every moment of your session allows us to ensure that you are able to exercise for life, forever protecting your most valuable asset.
Thank you for allowing us to serve you over the past 12 months. We look forward to continuing to help you improve your health through exercise for years to come.